Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Few Thrift Store Treasures

As you may know by now, I love vintage treasures and I love frugality. So, not only are antique shops of interest, but thrift stores are divine. There are always fabulous vintage and used items at these lovely second-hand shops. This last time I went, I didn't find much, but I did find a couple of cute finds.

I am somewhat of a collector of different mugs, generally from Japan or fancy companies. We use them and they always replace some of the chipped or broken cups. The blue spiral mug on the left was made in Japan and I love the color and character of the piece. On the right are two mugs featuring wonderful Norman Rockwell paintings with brief stories on the opposite side. I love Norman Rockwell and this was particularly cool because I already have two other editions to this set, also from the thrift store (they are in the dishwasher right now, so I will have to share another time.)


These were about $0.25 for this set of ceramic autumn candle holders. I know that autumn is a ways away, but I still couldn't resist for the price and the lovely colors. Plus, we love candles in this house, so this was a perfect buy.


At the local thrift store, there is always tons of junk in the book section, but if you have the time or patience to weed through it all, you will always find some gems. Each of these books offer wonderful illustrations and classic stories. The entire shopping day cost us about $4.00, and we just went to the one in our community so I am not even going to count gas. It is always so rewarding and it is always fun to go on treasure hunts!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails